Monday, August 25, 2008

Submitting Pains

I toyed around with a few titles for this post. All of them involved words like agony and torture, and most of them sounded vaguely sadomasochist.

Writers avoid submitting for one big reason. That reason is rejection.

On the bright side ... I know of at least TWO published writers who never amassed a stack of rejections along the way.  (I try very hard not to hate them for it.) I personally file my rejections for each project separately so as never to create a stack.

And now that I went from rejection to acceptance, I'm feeling a lot better about all those Dear Writer letters.

I think of them as a badge of courage. Some writers go as far as plastering their walls with them. I'm not quite there yet, but I haven't burned them either. They are proof that I can take a risk.

Which is something writers have to do all the time.



 


No comments: