Sunday, February 22, 2009

Author interview with Stacey Jay




It’s time to meet another amazing 2009 debut novelist, Stacey Jay. Her YA paranormal romance, YOU ARE SO UNDEAD TO ME, is on bookshelves now! Stacey Jay is a workaholic with three pen names, four kids, and a decidedly macabre sense of humor. She loves zombies, creepies, crawlies, blood, guts, gore, and of course, romance.

Megan Berry's social life is so dead. Literally. Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people. All Megan wants is to be normal--and go to homecoming. But someone in school is using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into flesh-eating Zombies, and it's looking like homecoming will turn out to be a very different kind of party--the bloody kind.

Stacey took a little time from the whirlwind of her life to answer a few questions.

I'm a very squeamish person, and tend to avoid horror of any kind. Will I be able to enjoy your book? Even if I faint at the sight of blood? And the thought of vampires makes me put my hands over my throat for protection? And I'm prone to nightmares?

Lol! Well...I think you'll be able to handle it. The horror is campy horror, not pee your pants in fear horror. Think Buffy, not 28 Days Later. But just in case, I'd advise reading during the daylight hours. And with a cat on your lap and maybe a mild sedative at hand :).

If you could visit any place and time (past/present/future) for a week, where and when would it be?

I'd have to go back in time to the Victorian Age in London. That time has always fascinated me and I'd love to wear big dresses for a week (but not any longer, I couldn't deal with a corset long term.)

LOL. I like food too much to ever wear a corset. Do you play music when you write? Have a cup of Chai at your elbow? A cat on your lap?

Nope, no music. If I listen to music, I can't concentrate. But I LOVE a cup of coffee at my elbow and would totally have a cat if I didn't have so many kids. (My hubs is anti cat until we get a few of the people children out of the house.)

Do you ever experience writer's block?

I don't know if I get writer's block so much as writer's burn out. I've taken on a lot these past two years and sometimes my muse gets cranky and wants a break. Sometimes I can give her that break, but sometimes I have to push on through. In the second case, I take a half hour or so and free-write, letting myself work on something fun not related to my current WIP. That usually gets the muse feeling perky again and ready to contribute to the process on the WIP.

You are both wise and funny, Stacey. Thanks for visiting!

Thanks Lauren!! Can't wait to have you back to my blog!

o Author Web site: http://staceyjay.com

o Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-So-Undead-Me/dp/1595142258/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225898596&sr=1-1

No comments: