Thursday, May 22, 2008

Malaysia Ho!

We fly out to the tropics tomorrow, me, my husband, and the kids--the whole family minus the cats. (I couldn't find any swim fins small enough for them.) We'll be gone for five weeks to Singapore, Malaysia, and Bali. Good-bye long, snowy winter and cold, windy spring, hello sarong and snorkel!

I don't want the new blog to go dark, so I wrote a few posts in advance, and with any luck can access blogger from jungle and beach front internet cafes en route.

My lovely editor will finish my letter today, and is sending it half across the world to meet me in Singapore! This is a good thing, because my mind always searches for something to chew on, even when I'm relaxing. And five weeks is a long time to be away from writing, which tends to make me cranky.

I won't be having any fun, so no need to feel jealous.


No comments: