Friday, April 11, 2008

In the Beginning....

So I wrote a teen novel called My Invented Life (for more on that, see sidebar), and it's going to be published by Henry Holt in 2009. Break out the bubbly! Start a blog!
 
But wait. Don't I need content? A catchy premise?

Idea #1
Why it took me only a single decade to go from beginning writer to published novelist--writing tips on speed and efficiency.
 
Idea #1 Rejected

Idea #2
Why I write--a guide to my personal brand of crazy.
I write...
...to deal with basic overcrowding in my brain.
...so I can talk to myself without looking like a nut.
...to answer deep existential question. What is the meaning of life? Is what I'm writing total crap? What happens if the Oreos run out before I finish the chapter?

I write because I like it.

Idea #2 Rejected
 
Idea #3
The hilarious journey of a person (me) from the time she (me) decides to be a writer to when she (me, again) becomes a published author--sort of like the Odyssey with jokes.

And (drum roll please) Idea#3 wins!

1 comment:

Daniel Saver said...

It sounds like we will indeed be sharing the words, though yours have the good fortune of being published! Congrats! Best of luck with the novel, and your future writing endeavors!